Screws

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM
Subject: Screws
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:34:15 EDT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
For years I think I had a mixture of Phillips and Posidrive - and suitably
abused both types till I bought Snap-On stuff and recognised the difference.

The posidrive screw looks like a cross with a faint star whereas as a Philips
screw just looks like a plain cross - I think the big chunky screws on the
door striker plates are a good example.

With smaller size screws in particular the wrong screwdriver tends to rise
out of the screw and only stays in with considerable pressure while turning -
both the screwdriver and the screw are damaged.

Once you have the right tools you will then most likely proceed to change all
the screws you have damaged over the years.  Also the difference in using the
correct tool is so remarkable you may wonder like I did how you remained
ignorant for so long.

Daniel1312 (close to being a member of the Sad Sods use the right tool club)