Re: 79 B HP Rating

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 79 B HP Rating
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:29:26 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear Spridget listers:

This item has been on the MG list this morning, but perhaps it would be
better to forward it here.

The crux of the topic was my question about how to alter a 1968 A-series
engine (originally with smog equipment) in order to turn it into a 1967
engine, which the R&T figures show had 20% more horsepower.  Besides the
plugging up of the air injection ports and the PCV valve, what (if anything)
is specifically different about the block?

Was the actual block from the same casting in during that period?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite