Convertible installation

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible installation
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:38:41 -0400
I need help, again.

I am installing the convertible top on my '72 Midget.  A new top came as
part of the purchase price of the car 1 and 1/2 years ago.  I have no
experience with this car.  I have two catalogs, VB and Moss and the Haynes
manual.  I also have, from this list, very good instructions about how to
install the top, but the instructions begin by assuming that all the
necessary hardware is mounted on the body.

Here is the rub.  I have the molding, end caps, and rear retainer bar which
were removed.  I do not have the associated nuts, bolts and connectors.  I
am get mixed signals from the catalog, the parts I have on hand, and the
pictures that I can see of installed tops.  I have an invoice for the top
from somewhere in England in 1994.  Included with the top are six female
"tennax" connectors, and a multitude of snaps, both male and female.

        Does the '72 require 6 "tennax" connectors across the back and one
on each side?

        Where do the snaps go?

I would also very much appreciate if anybody know of any '72s that are
within 50 miles of Columbus, Ohio.  I think if I could actually see one with
the top installed I could get through this fairly easily.

Thanks for any help.