Re: Texas and Wales.We have sheep in common at least!

To: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Subject: Re: Texas and Wales.We have sheep in common at least!
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:29:37 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From John J. Black <transmancat at bbnow.net>
To: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Sent: 19 April 2000 16:12

> Hi Rob
> I think you might have something with the timing cover thing, if you can
> find half a dozen of them with the tensioner (the bolts if they are
> specials) and give me a price we might be able to work something out. Used
> covers will be fine with new tensioners and bolts.

Got 6 on order from the Mini guy up the road.  3 with breater cans, 3
without.  Tensioner plastic strips are £3.08 each inc. VAT.  Turbo kit with
regulator, pump ECU and blower is £120.  Indicator switch assembly for
Spridget post mid '60s is £10.  Sodium cooled exhaust valves, high volume
water pumps, 55lbft head studs and special nuts, electronic distributors,
HIF44 (1 3/4) carbs on those Metro manifolds, cast iron 3-2-1 exhaust
manifolds, new crankshaft damper pulleys, alternator brackets etc. etc. etc.
all available by the bucket load.

Prices to follow   thursday/friday ish

PS  Picture of timing chain cover in the Vizard book.  Gaskets are easy to
get.  New bolts might be a problem