Re: Was: LBC + / Now Guinness

To: millerb@netusa1.net, DLancer7676@cs.com, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, froggi@cdsnet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was: LBC + / Now Guinness
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:17:55 EDT
In a message dated 4/23/2000 9:10:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
millerb@netusa1.net writes:

<< The widget is a plastic molded device which sits in the bottom of each can
 of Guinness draught. >>

I recently acquired a 4-pack of Old Speckled Hen  and a 4-pack of Beamish
Stout when on a trip to Lexington, Ky.  I opened one of the cans of Stout
after pouring it, and a can of OSH after pouring it.  Inside the Beamish was
the "ball" widget and inside the OSH was the plastic molded device which was
wedged into the bottom of the can.  Distinctly different devices to spill
Nitrogen gas through the nectar, but both worked pretty darn well.  I am
coveting my OSH--drinking them sparingly.  Wonder when the last batch will
roll out of the brewery now that they have been bought out by a monster?

--David C.