Re: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:52:19 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Hi List,
I put "Special Interest" plates on my car when I first brought it to Oregon,
and when I found a set of correct YOM plates, I went to DMV to switch. The
philodendron behind the counter told me that it couldn't be done, but as I was
able to cite the correct numbers in their manual, they eventually changed their
minds. Next they tried to charge me ridiculous fees, but revised them to the
correct fee of $2.00 when I pointed to the line in the manual. For the best
part, my "permanent" registration, when it arrived, expired one year before I
bought it! Neatly typed right on the papers - "purchased 1987, expires 1986".
These people actually get PAID to do this?
Kate