RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:47:57 -0400
Cc: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Hi All,

Another possible solution for old plates.

A friend up here in Oregon had a pair of old plates he wanted to use on his
car, YOM type, but the DMV said they would not be valid to use.  So he
chose the same number in an application for vanity plates as it was
available.  Got them, kept them in the envelope in the car, mounted the old
plates on the car.  They match the plate numbers on the registration!!

Worked for him!

Paul A

FROM:   James Algar, INTERNET:JamesA at HI-TORQUE.com
TO:     "'Gerard Chateauvieux'", INTERNET:pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
        (unknown), INTERNET:MsJoyce@aol.com
        Swift Justice, INTERNET:samesq@pacbell.net
        James Algar, INTERNET:JamesA@HI-TORQUE.com
        "Elliott, Patrick", INTERNET:patrick.elliott@attws.com
CC:     spridgets, INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   4/26/00 11:55 AM

Re:     RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite

And my '69 Sprite is still wearing its original black plates which are
definitely not stamped, but rather use year stickers. It appears that only
the first couple of years of the black plates were year stamped (as the
yellow plates had been before then) and then they abandoned that in favor
of
stickers.

Jim

From James Algar <JamesA at HI-TORQUE.com>