Re: Midget engine

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <toyman@digitex.net>, <WRROOPE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Midget engine
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 22:55:50 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Today, I went to check out the Midget Engine mentioned yesterday ont the
list.  The midget engine turned out to be...something else... in a manner of
speaking.  The 3 wiper Spridget bore the "shadow" of the Austin Healey wings
where a hood marker would mount.  There was an ID tag between the dash(if
the dash was installed) and the windshield.  I believe the number was  HAN9
/ U4535G.  The Engine ID tag was completely illegible if not missing
entirely, yet the tag on the valve cover said "Austin".  I found an
insurance card in the glove compartment.  I didn't know Spridgets had been
created with such convenient items such as glove compartments.  Anyway the
insurance ID described the lbc as a 1970 Austin American.  Say what?  It
further listed an VIN as AOA 187H133955.  Steel wheels with AH
caps--correction --cap.  The tub was toast  -- Certainly structurally
challenged.

What is up with those numbers?  What sort of Spridget did I see today?

Bill R.--  I did return with the entire turn signal assembly.  I hope it
will do the trick.  Where do you want it shipped?

Brad -- Not sure I saw a "true 68 smog intake"  Elbow port and gulp valve
were evident, but no sign of a PCV.  Air pump intact...Let me know what you
want.

All in all, a great way to take a long lunch....

Dan O'Shea
68 Sprite
Poughkeepsie, NY