Re: Bad distributor bushings??

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Bad distributor bushings??
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:50:23 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Glen,  A little wobble is ok with the electronic set-up.  The main problem
with the worn shaft is a difference at idle and at speed, also when you let
off the gas.  When the dist is under load it is on one side of the bushing
and is on the other side when not under load.
        The flat spot should be at any speed not just one.  It sounds to me
like you have a flat spot in your advance curve and as it should be at full
advance at 4000 rpm, it is just under that.  Try new springs and if you need
to, have it tested.  I'd try a little softer spring first.
        Crash