Re: Bugeye floormats

To: Michael Lupynec <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye floormats
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:56:54 -0700
Cc: RESTOGUY1@aol.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Color trunk hardura (I got red for mine) and the correct pebble finish
gray cardboard trunk side panels are available from Winner's Circle.
They also sell the hardura hump and wheel well covers in color.  I also
got Schrader tire valves from of all places, a Winston Tire store.  Of
course, they don't sell the correct valve caps.  British Tool & Fastener
sells British UNF bolts in many sizes.  Unless you are concerned that
each and every bolt head reads correctly(do you or the judges know?)
these bolts have the circular depression on top(a British marking to
show a fine thread).  I got my crimped working tach drive from the same
guy I bought my car from.  He buys, sells and restores Austin Healeys
and Italian cars.  He had a big mayonnaise jar full of them!  Some
worked some did not.  He traded a reproduction unit for mine.  Most of
his customers don't know the difference or care.  Most people don't show
their cars, and the people that see them on the highway don't know the
difference either.  My point is, you can find this stuff, but don't give
up looking just to justify the carpeting on the floor.  You're either
making a concours car or your not.  I'm going to Buttonwillow next
weekend.  They are having a swap meet on Saturday.  Who knows what I
will find?  Maybe even a Tudor wash bottle with a 1" neck.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite