Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#317967065: MG : Midget

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#317967065: MG : Midget
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 16:36:17 EDT
Well, yeah.  Except for the parts that were Bondoed (sp?) and repainted, and
the heater box that was removed, and the NOS tonneau cover for another
(later) year, and the carpeted boot, and the aftermarket radio, and the BIG
chrome light mounted next to the radio...shall I go on?

As I said in another post about this car, the guy has only had the car for a
year, and I don't think he knew what he was getting into.  It would be easy
to interpret this car as an original...if you don't know what an original
looks like.  The engine is very original.  I don't think the bonnet has been
opened very much, because the right hinge was binding when I opened it.

We revel in the maintenance our LBCs require, that's part of the fun of
owning one.  This guy is now looking for a Miata, and he has an SUV and a
minivan.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 5/1/00 3:38:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, soavero@yahoo.com
writes:

<< OK, I'll start - if it's "unrestored all original",
 shouldn't the rockers be black?