Re: What's my next step?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: What's my next step?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 15:50:46 -0400
Cc: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Charles,
    One trick to try is to hold your hands over the carb intakes while
you have someone crank the engine. You should feel a strong suction.
This will normally clear any blockage in the jets as the vacuum from the
engine will suck the fuel thru the carbs. If you have no vacuum at the
carbs look for a major air leak around the intake or some other problem
causing the lack of vacuum. Fuel is not pumped into the jets it is drawn
in by venturi vacuum. If the engine fires and starts slowly remove your
hands letting in more and more air.
Hope this helps.
Peter S.
Charlotte NC