Re: The Workbench (long--was The Garage)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Dan O'Shea" <danoshea@idsi.net>
Subject: Re: The Workbench (long--was The Garage)
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 19:02:29 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
For my main freestanding bench, I used SOLID CORE doors. Make sure you have
the solid core (you'll know when you pick one up) and not the hollow
cardboard cored ones. The doors I used are vinyl coated woodgrain, and come
70" long and 36" wide. The actual benchtop is 1 3/4" thick, and the shelf
underneath is 1 3/8" thick. They look nice and are quite durable, and if you
have a shop that makes them near you they usually have some damaged slab
doors for sale cheap.

                                                             Mike Ellsworth
                                                             71 Midget
                                                             62 Sprite