Re: Clean My Engine Bay!

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, Tomsaudi@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clean My Engine Bay!
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 06:24:51 -0700 (PDT)
> 1. Warm up the engine
> 2. Spray with Gunk Engine Cleaner
> 3. Hose off (I'm not mad at you.  Hose off the
> engine.)
> 4. Dry with a Q-Tip (optional)

Extremely important step missing here - cover all
wires, cap, any electrical connections at all.  Take
the time to tape on plastic if you have to.  In the
extreme case, I had a neighbor with a MGB who kept
Gunk-ing his engine "naked", ran the thing for 10
minutes with the engine coughing and sputtering on a
various cylinders, and he ended up with unburned fuel
in a hot catalytic converter and torched his car.

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032