Re: Clean My Engine Bay!

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, Tomsaudi@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, soavero@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Clean My Engine Bay!
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:38:13 -0700 (PDT)
Does anyone know of a 'better' product to use??
I've used Gunk engine cleaner several times before on other cars, and besides
the fact it is pretty hard on painted surfaces, it smells pretty bady, and no
matter how much rinsing I do with water, the engine still stinks for weeks
afterwards, especially when it's warning up.

IMHO - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA

spridgets@autox.team.net

>> 1. Warm up the engine
>> 2. Spray with Gunk Engine Cleaner
>> 3. Hose off (I'm not mad at you.  Hose off the
>> engine.)
>> 4. Dry with a Q-Tip (optional)
>
>Extremely important step missing here - cover all
>wires, cap, any electrical connections at all.  Take
>the time to tape on plastic if you have to.  In the
>extreme case, I had a neighbor with a MGB who kept
>Gunk-ing his engine "naked", ran the thing for 10
>minutes with the engine coughing and sputtering on a
>various cylinders, and he ended up with unburned fuel
>in a hot catalytic converter and torched his car.
>
>=====
>Ron Soave
>"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain