'nuther great weekend

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 'nuther great weekend
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 10:47:21 EDT
Time to bore you with my weekend details.

Sat. - Up to Nazareth Speedway to help set up the autocross course
for Sunday's event.  Left at 11:30 to go measure and precheck next
Saturday's rally.  Ran the rally, all looks good.  58 miles and some
really nice, twisty roads with uphill S curves and little traffic.  Should
be a good rally.  Saturday was in my Mitsubishi, because the new
Alfa Elite rally computer is finally installed!  (And worked great.)

Sunday - Left Abington at 7:30 in the hood-down Midget for a blast up
Route 611 to Nazareth Speedway. Midget was great in the morning,
cool-breeze, twisty drive along the Delaware River. Got there at 9 and
the course is completely different than the one I helped set up!  Oh well,
it's still an autocross.  I worked at the registration table in the morning
and finally at about 2:00 it is my turn to run.  I'll tell you, I really
don't do
well in autocrossing, but it is a load of fun to throw your car around that
course!  I almost lost it once when I was coming over a ridge with the
wheels turned.  Car got light...WHOOPEEE, that cone was a 2 second
penalty!

I'd like to get some work done on the suspension.  The right front is
starting to make some noise when I go over bumps.  Kinda big rattley
noises.  Plus, the body roll is pretty bad.  It's just one of those things
that takes money!

Drove home at 5:00 p.m.  No problems at all with the car.  If it isn't
raining next Saturday, I'll take the Midget to the rally.  This was the kind
of weekend that makes all the little problems with an old British car
seem small by comparison.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget