Re: Speedo cable question

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedo cable question
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:07:20 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/00 12:30:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<< Just hadda go and ruin a perfectly good story by saying it didn't work.
 Now didn't ya. Ruined my day. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Actually, the repair kit worked, but that wasn't the problem.  I was able to
disassemble the gear drive, clean it up and reassemble it.  It did work after
that.

Than I blew the reverse gear and a connecting rod bearing and sold the Rover
for $100.  I actually miss that car.  It was so stable to drive at speed and
an incredibly solid body.  You could press each door closed with your pinky
(that's your little finger for you ferriners) without slamming them.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport