Re: Scrappage

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, nosimport@mailbag.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Scrappage
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 05:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

The sad part is that Angus King started out as a good
governor for Maine. He was asked to give an interview
on Larry King show and turned it down stating "The
people of Maine don't pay me to give interviews." That
floored me when I first heard it. Since then, he has
signed bills such as the scrappage thing and we
(Maine) now have two mountains without a name (Big
Squaw and Little Squaw mountain) because the "Native
Americans" decided that a word they came up with and
used to refer to their females is now suddenly
offensive. Part of the charm and character of Maine is
the indian names for the many counties, lakes, rivers,
mountains, cities, etc.

Oh well...sorry for taking up the bandwidth with
non-LBC stuff.

Obligatory LBC Content-- I'm using a combination of
rubber undercoating, heat reflective paint, and the
foil padding under the carpet. Sound deadening is not
one sided. If you can baffle both sides of the metal,
it's less likely to resonate sound. Just my two cents.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, va.
--- DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> maine2me@yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<  can't beleave it!! My home state is turning into
>  communist block!!!!
>  I never in a million years would think that Maine
>  would enact such a law...especially FIRST!!! >>
>
> I have trouble believing that myself--Maine is my
> favorite State to
> visit--Between it and New Hampshire, many excellent
> LBC roads, although I
> have never driven one there.  Just goes to show you
> the lack of intelligence
> that people keep electing to leadership roles in
> government.  Here in
> Tennessee, where the Republican (Yuk) Governer keeps
> crying about lack of
> budget money, and is trying to blackmail us into
> enacting an income tax, the
> Senate just yesterday defeated a plan to move toward
> a State Lottery--with
> all the Senate Republicans (pooh) voting AGAINST it
> and all or nearly all the
> Democrats voting for it!!
>
> Regarding ignorant bills like that passed in Maine,
> it just goes to show us
> that we must stay vigilant and aware of what the
> nasty scoundrels are up to
> next!!    8^)
>
> --David C.

=====