Re: Fwd: Repairing an 1975 MG Midget temperature gauge

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Repairing an 1975 MG Midget temperature gauge
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 22:42:27 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> I was interested in this reply on the Sprite/Midget Club list about what is
> inside the pipe on a temp/oil pressure guage.  This is the first time I ever
> heard anyone say it was filled with helium.  I always understood it was
> filled with alcohol.  Anybody??

Only Amy Turner has "Healium" in her Sprite.
I am not positive as to what is in the capilary tube but what ever it
is, it is wet and smells like alcohol when you break the line. Not only
does it have a distictive odor but the words that people hear when that
line breaks.....
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ