Starter fun! continued!!! =(

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter fun! continued!!! =(
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 01:47:39 GMT
after taking my starter out and looking at the lack of brushes and the
terrible condition of the copper i decided to purchas a rebuilt starter.

So i went and bought a rebuilt lucas starter from a local auto parts store
and got home and put it in, and nothing!! well it made a noise and that was
it.

I checked the starter switch and actually bypassed it to make sure that was
not the problem.

I took the power lead off of the starter and touched it to the block to see
if i got a spark and it was arcing strong.

It seems that the rebuilt lucas starter is dead.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't think so!

Have you ever purchased a rebuilt starter and have this happen to you?

I am taking the starter back to where I purchased it to have them test it.

will keep you posted.

what fun! =)

Chris
58 bugeye