Fw: NOS Parts including a NEW NOS Factory bonnet

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: NOS Parts including a NEW NOS Factory bonnet
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 17:27:53 -0400
So that means if I have a brand new, in the box, OEM replacement part that
is designed to exactly replace a part that is original to the car, it is NOT
a NOS part because I own it and I am not a factory supplier? Even if unused,
once it falls into a consumers hands, it is considered USED. Therefore,
there is such a thing as NOS used parts that are New, Old and Stock but
unused!!

I believe the common meaning of NOS is that it has not been used on a car
yet. It may be NIB or without the box, etc. Example: I have a headlight
gasket (Lucas part # 554279) that is still in it's original black, white and
red paper envelope with the Lucas seal and it says "service part". I would
call it a NOS part but it is used since I own it and I'm not a supplier, but
it has never been on a car.

My two pennies' worth...

Kent