Re: 1 1/4 SUs, Ram Pipes, and K&N Filters

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1 1/4 SUs, Ram Pipes, and K&N Filters
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:31:47 -0700
on 6/8/00 7:39, Soup Weed at soupweed@hotmail.com wrote:

> List People,
>
> Hey i just got my vizard book and after reading about using ram pipes and
> K&N filters to improve the performance of my 1275, I have some questions.
>
> I have 1 1/4 SUs on my 1275.
>
> 1) Is it worth it to put ram pipes and K&N filters on them?

Yes, especially if you spin high rpm.  You should also change your carb
needles at the same time.  Call APT for info and the parts.

You can use the little stub stacks as sold by APT.  Vizards says that even
though they are small, they work almost as well as long ones.
Webers are a little different I think, they want a long ram pipe.
Daniel1312 is the expert on this.

> 2) Is it expensive?

The integrated box with Midget or Sprite logo on it and built in stub stacks
is expensive and I think no longer made.  Phil J. told me that he still
found some in stock at one of the suppliers.
The other option is shiny chrome ones.  You would then buy stub stacks to go
inside of these.
Or you can get K&Ns that replace your stock filters.

> 3) Anyone have this setup?

I have the stub stacks and stock replacement filters, but not installed yet.

> yes i looked at the archives first =)............

Is this a requirement now?  :-)

http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9