Re: 1 1/4 SUs, Ram Pipes, and K&N Filters

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Re: 1 1/4 SUs, Ram Pipes, and K&N Filters
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I don't think Vizard's book 'specifically tried the K&N's with the integral
'stub' stacks, but only shows statistics for flow on varios tested stacks, and
teh K&N filter separately. All his teating shows is that each individually does
improve flow by quite a bit.
His testing shows that a shorter stub stack improves flow better a higher RPM,
whereas, a longer stack improves at lower RPM's.
For me personally, I don't know if there was a performance difference on my
car,
since I have only run it with the set-up I have.

 - Bryan

 BTW - This is all in Vizard's book, it really is an excellent reference. If
you
don't have a copy, it's probably one of the best investments you can make, if
you plan to modify the a-series in any way for performance.