Re: Magnecor Plug Wires

To: fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us
Subject: Re: Magnecor Plug Wires
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:39:40 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us writes:

<< > Funny that you mention Magnecor right now-

 > I have to order a set for my XJ6 because the insulation around one of my
wires
 > has broken down...  One of the reasons I like their 8.5mm set is the high
heat
 > tolerance of the insulation.  The engine compartment in an xj6 gets so hot
that
 > it bakes rubber components PDQ...  Magnecors get good reviews on the Jaguar
 > mailing lists.

    Just my two rubles, but they get good reviews on RX-7 lists, too. Talk
 about engine heat, turbo rotaries bake everything quite nicely! :) I
 have a year on a set and I'm still thrilled by them, even at the
 extraordinary price. >>

The price isn't that high when you figure how long they last.  They are about
three times more than plain old wires that last about a year.  And they are
about half the price of Nology wires.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget