Re: 1500 for 1275 swap

To: Retters@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1500 for 1275 swap
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:08:11 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Retters@aol.com wrote:

> I have a buddy with a late model 1275 who wants to put a 1500 driveline in it
> (he got it for free!) . Told him I would ask the list how tough a swap it
> might be. Anyone know of this being done and what parts from the 1500 are
> needed?

Parts needed are....
1 Rubber bumper Midget front cross member with the recess for the front
pulley.
1 RB Midget frame to hold the motor mounts.
1 RB midget wiring harness
Some modifications to the trans tunnel.

Why would anyone want to do this?
Going from 1500 to 1275 is a piece of cake, I have done it twice myself
and helped a good friend with his 1500 Midget which now looks good with
it's bugeye nose and bugeye tail. And a 1275 of course.
Not to start another 1275 vs 1500 war but the 1275 is definatly a much
better engine. Alot more go fast parts are available for it too. And it
keeps it's rod bearings in place.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ