Re: mymymymy voltage regulator i think...saga cont.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mymymymy voltage regulator i think...saga cont.
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 00:54:00 GMT
List People,

This is great stuff.  Everytime something new happens with my car I send a
letter to this list and feel like a complete idiot with this LBC.

I found out that my ignition light burnt out!

I put a new one in and this is what it does....

power on light is on.
start car light goes out.
car revs past 1500rpm light starts to come back on!

My father-in-law and I tested the new rebuilt GENE and it is putting out
juice.  We tested it from the back of the generator by conecting a wire
between the two posts and then starting the engine and seeing what the
voltage meter was reading...

We took the top off the voltage regulator and ran the car and nothing ever
happend at 2000 rpm like the haynes manual says (we think it is the voltage
regulator.)

We then tested the ignition light and found out that it was burnt out!

I put a new one in and this is what the light does....

power on light is on.
start car light goes out.
car revs past 1500rpm light starts to come back on and stays on until rpm
goes below 1500!

Do You think that my voltage regulator has crapped out???

Thanks again for helping me the newbie,

=)Chris
58 bugeye (I sure am learning alot)