Re: New England AHCA Website?

To: CAWS52803@aol.com, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: New England AHCA Website?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:29:39 EDT
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/16/2000 12:47:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CAWS52803@aol.com writes:

<< I was in a meeting a few years ago when the subject of giving Gerry Coker
 restored Healey was brought up.  After several minutes, someone finally had
 the courage to ask the group why didn't Gerry ever buy one himself?  If he
 had such an interest, you would think he would own a car he designed.  The
 subject was then dropped. >>

I read the website that Jay referred us to and concluded that Jay should have
kept reading -- if he had he would have seen the following:

"When we do something to promote the Austin Healey, such as donating books to
a library, it will be done in our local area so local members can see and
benefit from their efforts.  The building of a concours car to give to Gerry
and then have it donated to a museum still has a lot of unanswered legal
questions.  Members felt this project wasn't a good idea in its present form."

It appears from this that a delegate introduced this idea, as he/she has a
right to do, it was discussed, as it had to have been if presented, and ". .
.Members felt this project wasn't a good idea. . ."

--David C.