Re: Questions of value

To: soavero@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions of value
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:40:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/00 5:42:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
soavero@yahoo.com writes:

<< 1) Which, IYHO, is worth more, a solid Bugeye with a
 hot blueprinted 1275 setup (Weber, cam, .020 over,
 fancy machine work, etc.), or a stock 948?  Both
 motors in excellent condition, less than 3,000 miles
 on 1275, less than 8,000 on the 948. (Not asking what
 it'd be worth, just relatively which would you think
 is worth more.  It's not necessarily for sale,
 either.) >>

This is up to the individual's taste and preferance.  Personally, I would
LOVE to have an original Bugeye with 948 and smooth case tranny.  Just out of
the factory.  Others have a need for speed, or are into vintage racing, so
they may prefer the 1275.  (Not that I would turn down the other car, if that
was the one available.)

In any case, a very good original car (numbers matched) is usually worth more
than a modified car, unless the modified car has a documented racing history,
or was owned my Marilyn Monroe...

<< 2)What is a 1972 Fender Telecaster Deluxe (sometimes
 called a "Fender Gibson") worth these days?  Made in
 USA, maple neck, Humbucker pickups, original hardshell
 case in beautiful condition. >>

There's a '78 on eBay (Your Personal Trading Community) at $355. with 1 bid,
and a '74 with no bids but an asking price of $850.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport