Home from the DMV (reprise)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Home from the DMV (reprise)
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 00:33:35 -0700
I'm happy to announce that my '75 is finally smogged, registered, legal and
worthy of venturing out into the street. After success with my first round
at the DMV last week, and getting through their paperwork without penalty,
I spent the last week sorting out the carburettor and the emission system.
Today I went for the smog test, passed, and was home from the DMV with my
stickers by dinnertime.

Special Thanks to:

Chuck Canepa for his (and the "tin man's") guidance in making my way
through the DMV process and getting my title without all the penalties and
back registration fees the DMV was determined to collect.

Paul Asgeirsson for connecting me with an expert friend who guided me
through every obstacle I had with the Stromberg and the emission system.

John "paint my engine compartment" Christ for suggesting I go see Jeff
(formerly of Irving Auto) at the 19th Ave. Shell. His smog guy is really on
the ball. Good call John!

Peter C. (World Wide Auto Parts) for providing some obscure information
over the last few months and helping me get over some early obstacles.

...and last but not least. Steve McGee for his encouragement via his
experience with the 1500 and especially for his chanting and incense
burning to appease to smog gods...'-)

What a relief to have this behind me!

Thanks guys!! I am in your debt. (no John, this doesn't mean I'll paint
your engine compartment)...'-)

BTW, I thought I was in trouble at first when the sniffer read 14% CO, but
then realized the manual choke was slightly pulled out. Once I pushed it
in, it dropped to about 1.5%... whew!!

Yeee-haaaa!

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A