Re: Tyre pressures

To: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: Tyre pressures
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:56:36 -0400
Cc: rob thomas <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetspriteclub@listbot.com
WFO Herb wrote:

> Here's an old street/drag racers method of determining correct tire pressure:
>
> Find a nice, clean concrete surface.  Do a burnout, look at the tire patch.
> Dark strips on the inside/outside, under inflated.  Dark strip in center, over
> inflated.  Full width... right on the money.

  Probably valid for drag racing, but I think you need to throw
a corner in there to make it valid for sports riding.

  Dragsters need lots of rubber on the launch, drivers
are mostly concerned about lots of rubber on a corner. It's
no good having a firm tire if only the corner of it
touches when you turn because the sidewalls move so much.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca