gas tank

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: gas tank
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:09:07 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I finally got around to dropping the gas tank and it looks pretty good.
There is sediment in the shiney bottom.  I imagine that the top is corroded
and that's where the sediment has dropped from.

My questions concern what I should be removing to have it cleaned.  The
screen kinda filter thing looks like new.  I was unable to remove the
fitting to the outlet pipe and I'm wondering if I should bother?  Someone
else has tried before, judging by the condition of the fitting.  I have
removed the gauge sending unit.

No 'torch' suggestions please.  :)

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada