RE: Occupations... NO LBC

Subject: RE: Occupations... NO LBC
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 17:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok, I've held out long enough.
I'm an escalations/sustaining engineer for Java Server Products at Sun.
My office window overlooks Apple headquarters in beautiful (but expensive)
Cupertino Ca, and before this I spent over 5-years with Lotus Development. In
addition to my  recently restored 59 bugeye (now with 5-speed), I have two boys
(3.5years, and 2years). My wife (who hates my bugeye) is also a Sun employee,
and is a manager at the Netscape/AOL/Sun alliance.
I grew up in a small farm town in Southern California about 50 miles north of
LA, and attended various colleges until I managed to end up with an AS in
physics, and BS in Computer Science. I must have inherited my love for working
on cars from my Dad, who was constantly pissing off my mom, by bringing home a
new 'project'. I had always loved British cars and motorcycles, and when I sold
my BMW R65 motorcycle in '93, I decided, that I needed an LBC as a replacement.
After reading up on several cars, I made the decision to get a 'bugeye', and
purchased a rolling wreck late in 93 (the first one I saw for sale). I spent
over 5-years accumulating enough parts to 'complete' the car, and finally
started the 1275 engine for the first time in July of 99. I'm still in the
process of finishing a few things on the car, but I've been driving it at least
twice a week now, and it sure is a blast.
As my two year old says 'varoom':-)

 - Bryan Vandiver
 San Jose, CA