Sap is gone - was: tree sap removal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sap is gone - was: tree sap removal
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 13:19:40 -0400
My wife's car is now sapless <g>.  Thanks to all who responded to my request
for pine tree sap remover.  All of the following were suggested as sap removers:

Paint Thinner (Mineral Spirits)
Rubbing Alcohol
WD40
Simple Green
3M Bug & Tar Remover
Dish Soap
Johnson's Baby Oil
Declawed cats

I tried them all except for baby oil and cats.  I didn't have any baby oil on
hand - the baby is 20 years old and a junior in college.  The cat knew
something was up and hid.

The clear winner was rubbing alcohol, followed in a distant second by paint
thinner.  The rest of them didn't do anything but make the paint around the sap
clean and shiny.  The sap from our Michigan pine
trees must be tough stuff.

Thanks again everyone - I gotta go finish the wax job now <g>.

Rick
'59 Sprite
'93 Buick Park Avenue (sapless)