Non LBC Motorcycle question.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non LBC Motorcycle question.
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 22:16:46 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
Since it's slow, I have a question about my motorcycle.  1983 KZ750.  Bought
it new and hardly ever ride it.  Drove it to work Friday and one of my
younger co-workers said he'd like to do something to it to make it perform a
lot better.  He said it would be louder, but sound better and perform *much*
better.  He drill four strategically placed holes in each of the back of the
exhaust pipes.  I know the size was important, because he searched for the
right sized drill bit for a half hour.  WOW, talk about a difference.  Like
a new bike.  I bet it has twice the acceleration than it did before.  Ok why
that much difference?  I understand relieving back pressure helps, but not
that much.  Also, it "cackles" now.  Small little "backfires" upon
deceleration and quick revs.  Kinda sounds nice, but I don't understand how
adding holes to the back of the exhaust system can cause backfires.

It got me thinking about drilling holes in the Sprite mufflers......

Bill