Gun control. Wrong forum.

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gun control. Wrong forum.
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:50:22 -0500
Hi,
This is not the proper forum for the gun control topic.  But, I think
gun control is hitting where you aim.  On the other hand, I've seen some
people at gun shows that scare me to death.   I bought a .357 the other
day.  I had to wait about two minutes while the dealer phoned the FBI.
$149 for a Smith & Wesson with a broken rear sight.  I ordered the piece
to fix it for $8.40.  I'll take it to the next gun show and trade it for
a nice .22.  I'm just a God-fearing American who likes to "plink" now
and then.  But, I have more respect for the true patriotic genuises who
wrote the Bill of Rights than most Americans, I guess.  They thought the
right to bear arms was the second most important issue of their time.
And they were writing about arms for people to defend themselves against
their government, not hunting rifles, but assault rifles.  I can also
understand the other points of view.  Columbine was terrible.  But, most
"gun control" laws only affect law abiding citizens, not criminals.
Enough soap box.  I am a pro gun, anti-abortion, Spridget owning
Christian.  I tune in here to read about the Spridget owning aspects of
life.  Anyone who wants to write about the other issues can email me off
list.
Cheers,
Derf