Re: Rear axle lengths

To: James Kleemeyer <jkk@adams.net>
Subject: Re: Rear axle lengths
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:03:41 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
James Kleemeyer wrote:

> Okay, so how significant is the 1/2" difference? Say a guy may be able to
> come up with a wire wheel set up for his steel wheel car (axles and front
> hubs), would it work or not? Or should you go ahead and change the rear
> assy? That's what this inquiring mind REALLY wants to know.
>   Jim K.   Lima, Il (poulation 125)

As long as you are not racing or autocrossing, the wire axles stuck in a
steel wheel rear work fine.
Been there, done that more then once.
The axles bite by about 1 3/8 inches so you only bite with 7/8 insted,
it works, I never lost one. I never even snapped a wire wheel axle, that
is amazing!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ