Re: Storing and Cataloging

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <Bkitterer@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Storing and Cataloging
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:03:46 -0400
Access???? Last I looked you might as well set up a server and use Oracle
or Ingres. At least that way you can get at the database from any
computer, just telnet/ssh into the server from wherever you are. And
while your at it, I will get you a list of my parts and you can put that
on the server too. Oracle and Ingres also both have a Web front end so
you can just use a browser, or in some cases maybe even a Palm Pilot.
That way the next time you are at a meet and somebody says "anybody got a
whatsamabangie for a 1962 allblowandnogo?" you can look it right up. Just
connect to your database via the askers cell phone using one of the
cellular networks, pull up your web based database and say "Nope but I
got a doofadgit for a 1973 thingamahoosie!!!"

Or just keep 'em in boxes.

Larry

>> shed).  So I am gonna have to go get boxes, sort,
>> catalogue, and figure out a
>> way to find them again in the future.
>
>Use MS Access to database them, then label the frames
>in your shed and track the boxes by frame location.
>
>Ask me how I know this works...
>
>Anal in Roscoe

>Get Yahoo! Mail ñ Free email you can access from anywhere!
>http://mail.yahoo.com/

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.