cars in / behind barns

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: cars in / behind barns
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:59:34 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
my bugeye came from behind a barn 26 years ago(with a small tree growing up
through the passenger side floor).  here in eastern pennsylvania there are a
lot of small farms and extremly sentimental/conservative people who have
saved all types of vehicles in storage sheds, attached home type garages and
barns.  it is nothing to hear a story about an extremly neat old car being
found within 50 miles of here.  unfortunatly a local giant in the poultry
business has been buying up old farms as they become available for growing
feed for the business and as the properties have been bought after a while
they tear down the farm houses and all existing structures for reduced
taxes(and in some cases liability).  now the operation posess so much land
they are developing industrial parks and subdivisions where once stood
beautiful country farms.   so the available "barns" are slowly going the way
of the do do bird around here(sad).  but in the small pennsylvania dutch
towns in back alley garages that in some cases were carrige sheds converted
into automobile garages still are undiscovered gems dating back to rubber
and gas shortages of world war two.  my neighbor comes across these from
time to time and they(garages) are literal time capsules when opened!
porcelan signs, gas pumps(globe type), tools etc. .   so believe me there
are still a lot of undiscovered gems out there!  unfortunatly not all cool
sports models from foregin countries but none the less, serious car junkies
with a sharp eye will still find a special gem from time to time out there
so keep the faith baby and do not give up the search!!!!

chuck
they're out there!