cars in / behind barns (Longish)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: cars in / behind barns (Longish)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:04:57 -0400

I'm a lurker and get the digest version of the spridgets and mgs list
This past December I spotted a '67 sprite sitting in a falling down barn.
The car has excellent sheet metal, one tiny rust hole in passenger floorboard.

DPO installed a 1500 engine and tranny from a '79 midget and seats from same.

I'm too ashamed of how little I paid for this car to share it with the list

One major problem, I have been unable to locate the previous owner and obtain a
clear title.
I live in South Carolina and my friendly neighborhood DOT officer suggested that
I apply for a "Salvage" title

This car "appears" to be one of the Cowley Sprites and I would hate to destroy
the value with a salvage title

I'm soliciting opinions on how a salvage title will affect the value of this
car.  I'm trying to decide between a total restoration project and a really nice
refurbishment

How do we go about saving these cool old cars we find without the stigma of a
"SALVAGE"?

'67 Sprite in many pieces HAN 9L 66198 M, chassis # 66198
'70 B, daily driver
'91 Isuzu Trooper for when it rains
'94 Caravan, got kids/ minivan