Re: cars in / behind barns (Longish)

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cars in / behind barns (Longish)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:21:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Tom said:

>I'm soliciting opinions on how a salvage title will affect the value of
this
>car.  I'm trying to decide between a total restoration project and a really
nice
>refurbishment
>
>How do we go about saving these cool old cars we find without the stigma of
>"SALVAGE"?

Seems like a lot of folks like the '67 Spridgets.  I think that they were
the last year of the metal dash, as well as the last year with no emissions
hardware.

Given the amount of money that it costs to restore a Sprite to the point
that the quality of the title will make a difference, I would doubt that the
discount associated with a salvage title would make a significant
difference.  Your not planning on turning it into a Concours d'Elegance
trailer queen, are you?  Besides, the value of the car is enhanced more
substantially with the replacement of a 1275 drivetrain, much more so than
the negative aspect of the title detract from it.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite