Re: White Walls

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: White Walls
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:05:13 EDT
Sam wrote:

<<<Jim
I beleive that all cars were produced with Dulop black wall bias pli
tires at the factory. Any whitewalls would have been U.S. dealer
options.
I had an early Mk2 which I bought used (2 yrs old) from a BMC dealer
in 1964. It had Dunlop blackwall tires that had white wall rings
added.
I guess anything could have been possible.
Sam AN5, AN8>>>

Not true in the late stages of productions. My '79 Midget I bought in 1981
had white wall Dunlop Sport SPs on it that were by all indications original.
When I got a Heritage certificate on the car, "Whitewall tyres" were listed
in the Details of Equipment.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL, USA