Brakes road v track

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes road v track
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:06:01 EDT
Ok, I've had a re-think.

Road use can result in as high possibly higher brake temperatures on a road
car as a race car for the reasons I have given earlier.

However, the brakes actually have to work harder on a race car than a road
car when the race car driver uses the brakes to deliver a higher degree of
deceleration over a shorter period of time (late braking overtaking) than a
typical road car user might.

Not least I keep forgetting that my 740kg + me road car driven at up to and
sometimes in excess of 100mph on approach to a roundabout - dual carriageway
- roundabout - dual carriageway - roundabout - dual carriageway - scenario,
overtaking under braking and looking to cross the roundabout at 45mph in 2nd
(CR box) is less than typical.  The car has performance friction material but
not in the full race category.

Daniel1312