Removing door handles

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing door handles
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:18:52 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Howdy fellow listers!

I've got a question for y'all.  I've run across many hard to remove bolts in
my Sprite due to location (clutch slave cylinder readily pops into mind) but
so far the one that's kicked my butt is the fastener for the outside door
handle.  Short of removing the door skin, what is the best way to get at
this? I've tried with the window glass rolled up, down, and every stage in
between.  There just doesn't seem to be enough space to get my hand with a
wrench or socket in there.  Any and all tips are appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite (creeping ever nearer to the paint booth)
Dublin, CA