re: bypass tube on the head

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: bypass tube on the head
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 00 17:06:05 EDT
>>A fan is the same size whether it is in front of the rad or behind the rad
>>the only thing that can vary is the proximity of the fan to the rad.

  An additional reason I've heard in favor of 'puller' fans...

  Pusher fans try to force air into the little spaces between the radiator
fins. (Duh!)  Only so much air can be pushed in at a time and it gets ends
up getting in it's own way and actually "puddling" in front of the fin
openings waiting for room to go through.
  Puller fans create a slight vacuum between the radiator fins so that the
incoming air is actually 'sucked in' a little faster than it would normally
flow or be pushed through.
  I believe all this is -in addition to- some of the other explanations on
the list; not -instead of-.
   Ed in NC