Wiring Harness

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring Harness
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:05:11 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Dear List:

Besides the problems with the cooling system, I have so many cut wires and
alterations to the Sprite wiring harness that I am considering replacing it
completely.  Now... the exact harness is shown to be unavailable in the Moss
catalog.  So... rather than trying to find the proper harness, I would like
to know if there are any problems with overlaying an earlier, simpler
harness in its place.

It would mean that my side lights would become reflectors, but that's no big
deal.

I would have no reverse lights, but then again, that's no big deal to me
either.

My concern is about whether or not an earlier harness would be compatible
with my tachometer, and also if my high beam switch could work.  (Didn't
early Spridgets have the high beam dimmer on the floor?)

Any opinions?   It would certainly make it easier to diagnose problems in
the future.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget