Re: Introduction & 74 Midget Problem

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Introduction & 74 Midget Problem
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:46:28 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
In the BMC numbering system, "U" does mean "center change gearbox" (floor
shift)  when it is used in the engine serial number, but not in the Car
Number or VIN.    In the late '60s BMC made a change in the numbering codes
for the VIN.  Whereas they previously used "L" to designate Left-Hand drive,
they changed that to "U", indicating North American specification.

Steve Byers
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G
Havelock, NC