Re: roll-bar reccomendations?

To: "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: roll-bar reccomendations?
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:13:29 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Brian,

I'm going to speak from experience... street, autocross, and racing.

I believe a rear bar is not necessary at all, unlesss you've gone way too
big on the front bar. I agree with removing some leafs from the rear, and
depending on a number of factors, you might want to lower the car just a
touch. (Front lowering kits are commercially available, rears are easily
made.) A Panhard rod is not as critical on a Bugeye with its round rear
wheel arches, but would not be detrimental in any way. Delrin or ply
bushings always add a little more immediate jolt to the car's abilty to
absorb road imperfections... so you might be better off on a street car
staying with new rubber bushings. If you're autocrossing the car
occasionally, then use the Delrin or poly bushings.

What tires, and what wheel width do you have? Have you experimented with
your tire pressures? (You should try everything from driving through flour
or chalk, white shoe polish on the tread edges to check rollover, to
pyrometer readings.)

The best place to get an Addco bar is JC Whitney in Chicago. Their price is
significantly cheaper than most.

That's my 3 cents.

WST