Re: roll-bar reccomendations?

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: roll-bar reccomendations?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:18:54 EDT
When considering an understeer problem you need to think about spring
stiffness and anti-roll bar stiffness together.  Eg with uprated front
springs in the 400lb range a 3/4 bar is more likely to create understeer than
if the front springs are standard with a 3/4 bar.  You also have to consider
the weight of the car and any modifications that may have reduced weight (eg
fibreglass front).

Daniel1312

ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<<
 I ripped mine off even on the street.  I was using the 3/4" Addco bar.
 Using the poly bushings on the bar with an otherwise near stock suspension
 was way too much BTW.  The car understeered heavily.  With the rubber
 bushings it was much better, but still on the stiff side.