Re: PA LBC Road Rally 2000

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PA LBC Road Rally 2000
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:53:41 EDT
Man O Man!!!   What a weekend!!!  Paula and I received the "Award" for the
attendees who came the farthest to participate, all the way from Tennessee to
Tamaqua via Airliner, then uh. . spit. . .spit. . . dodge rental. . . spit. .
.spit.   Couldn't get my Midget there but, Kevin Valentine and family!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for a most wonderful weekend.  Everything was
perfect, well planned, and what a great and wonderful group of about 15 or so
of the listers PLUS about 15 or so SO's, who drove in to participate.  Paula
and I had a very relaxing and congenial visit with Kevin, Kate and family on
Friday night while waiting word from some of the guys who were driving in
that evening.  Saturday the Rally was great (even in that er, spit. . .spit.
. .spit. . .dodge rental car. . .spit!!!)   And the post Rally get together
turned out to be a collection of one of the most congenial groups of people I
think I have ever been around.  It really was wonderful, as Biff has noted,
to put faces with names, and to find out that these guys are really as great
as they seem by e-mail on this list.   We just returned home about 45 minutes
ago after flying out of Philly, to Atlanta (if you go to heaven or hell from
the south, you have to go through Atlanta), then into Knoxville.

I really do appreciate the vast amount of time, energy, and resources Kevin
expended for us, and will look forward to the announcement about next year's
PA LBC Road Rally 2001.  Hope I can get my Midget (or Sprite) up there next
year--as Bill Gilroy and I discovered, these family car types don't like to
stay with the program, do they Bill???  LOL (Bill inadvertently took an
extensive tour of the PA countryside, although he did relay that if he had
crossed any State lines he would have turned back--8^) )

A totally refreshing weekend for us!   Thanks Kev.

--David C.