miss at high rpm

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: miss at high rpm
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 20:42:06 -0700
Spridgeteers,

Following the Ignitor failure, I have installed points and condensor.
Runs fine up to 3000 rpm, then starts making very rapid and
continuous misfires (the sound is a very rapid brdrdrdrdrapp). Once
this starts, the misfires continue even at lower rpms and there is of
course loss of power. I get the same results with two different
distributors (23D and 25D). I have set points and plug gaps and
timing to stock.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright                __o\___             '65 Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu